Are you in an arts-related major (printmaking, art history, museum studies, etc) looking for some experience working in a gallery setting? Well, then we’re looking for you! WPG is seeking hard-working, reliable students for help over winter break as well as the spring semester. Major duties include:
- contributing to the DCimPRINT blog with posts about current exhibitions and other gallery events;
- maintaining print inventory and installing exhibitions;
- updating events calendars; gallery website and gallery records;
- assisting at openings, artist talks, and the occasional fair or fundraiser;
- researching grant opportunities and drafting grant proposals.
As you can see, WPG will not just have you baby-sitting the gallery as some larger organizations have their interns do. You will be gaining critical skills that apply to any future job in an art gallery, museum, arts non-profit, or your own career as an artist!
Interested students should send a resume and cover e-mail to Annie Newman at info (at) washingtonprintmakers (dot) com. We look forward to hearing from you!