This week WPG is kicking off our 2013 membership drive! We have a limited number of spaces open, but if you are a printmaker creating contemporary, hand-pulled prints*, we want to hear from you! Membership starts at $50/month and we have several levels to choose from. Benefits include:
- Inclusion in 10-12 group exhibitions per year (depending upon level of membership);
- Solo show once every 18-24 months (depending upon level of membership);
- Professional Director promoting all member artists and related exhibitions both in and outside of WPG;
- Inclusion in special off-site exhibitions, such as the 2012 Exchange Exhibition with China, exhibitions at Reagan National Airport, and other area galleries;
- Increased exposure through our email marketing, hard-copy mailings, and this blog to an estimated 5,000 potential buyers;
- Being part of a supportive network of like-minded artists and printmakers!
Submissions are reviewed the last Sunday of every month–meaning the next review will be Sunday, January 27. Submissions should include 4-6 unframed, unmatted prints; 1 archivally framed print (if applicable-we realize some alternative printmaking methods/works may not require framing); and a current résumé. If you’re interested in joining, please email Annie at info (at) washingtonprintmakers (dot) com.
*Our definition of hand-pulled prints is actually broader than you might currently think! While purely digital works are not considered at this time, prints with digital elements (for example, a digital print with screenprint on top) are definitely considered. Also, book arts and paper-making falls into the range of accepted works here at WPG. If you have any questions about whether your work would fit in, feel free to contact us at the email above!